Effective as of January 2, 2015
Information collection and sharing
We may collect information on this site that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. Users of the website can refuse to supply personal identification information. We will not sell, trade or rent users information to others.
How we use collected information
We use information collected to respond to your customer service requests. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via postal mail or phone to communicate regarding your account(s) with our office. You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address, postal mail address or phone number on our website:
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
- Tell us not to contact you
We adopt appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access of your personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use this website. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
By providing us with your mobile number and opting-in, you give Monarch Recovery Management permission to send you account-related text messages, like payment reminders and notifications, in conjunction with the services you have requested.
- Number of messages will vary by account.
- By providing us with your mobile number and opting-in, you agree you have ownership rights or permission to use the number given to us.
- Message and data rates may apply.
- To opt-out, text STOP to short code or text STOP to any text message we send you. An opt-out confirmation message will be sent back to you.
- To request support, text HELP to short code or email us at email@example.com
- If your handset does not support MMS, any MMS messages sent may be delivered as SMS messages.
- Wireless carriers are not liable for undelivered or delayed messages.